Saturday, July 3, 2010

Quick Easy Bisquick Coffee Cake Recipe

Bisquick is the most versatile product in my kitchen and I use it nearly every day for everything from pancakes to biscuits and cakes to muffins. It has everything you need to make any kind of cake product and everything I make with Bisquick always turns out great.
It was years ago when I first tasted this Bisquick coffee cake.

My aunt and I were rearranging the church directory and while I was taking the cards off the index roll, she whipped up a coffee cake. I smelled it baking and thought she had prepared the mix ahead of time.

Over coffee, I indulged in the warm, sweet coffee cake as my aunt searched for a pen and pad. I was impressed and was determined to get the recipe. She came back, pen and pad in hand, and joined me at the table where I complimented the delicious coffee cake and asked if she'd share the recipe.

She smiled coyly, got up and handed me a box of Bisquick. "It's on the back."
I was blown away. "You made this with bisquick? But it's, it's . . ." I was speechless. It was simply too good to be so simple and for a while, I doubted my aunt, thinking she simply wanted to keep the recipe for herself.

Well I was wrong. I bought my own Bisquick, followed the directions on the back of the box and low and behold, my aunt was telling the truth. It was quick. It was easy. It was delicious!

Since then, I have been an avid user of Bisquick. The coffee cake recipe is no longer on the back of the Bisquick box but I've had it all these years and I'm happy to share it with you. You're not going to believe how easy it is.

Bisquick Coffee Cake:

- 2 cups of Bisquick- 1 large egg- 2/3 cups of milk- 2 tablespoons of sugar
Combine the ingredients and pour it into a prepared nine inch pan.

Cinnamon Crumb Topping

- 1/3 cup of brown sugar- 1/3 cup of Bisquick- 2 tablespoons of soft butter or margarine- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered cinnamon

Cut the ingredients into the Bisquick and spread over the top of the dough. Zigzag a knife over the top then bake at 400 degrees for thirty minutes. That's it!

There's hardly any mess or fuss with this Bisquick recipe and it tastes great. I'm always having somebody drop by and within thirty minutes, I have a sweet, warm dessert on the table for them. If you've never tasted Bisquick coffee cake, you really should try it.

The cinnamon crumb topping really gives it a great flavor and you can add fruit to it too.
I hope you like it as much as I, my family and my friends. We absolutely love it. Enjoy!

By Pat Lunsford

No comments: